This article covers the top competitors of IBM
IBM (International Business Machine) is an American multinational technology company with operations in over 170 countries.
IBM produces and sells computer hardware, middleware, and software, and provides hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.
IBM has a diverse portfolio of products and services which fall into categories of cloud computing, Artificial intelligence, commerce, data and analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), IT infrastructure, mobile, Digital workplace, and security.
Let’s see the top competitors of IBM and understand how well they perform against the company.
TOP COMPETITORS OF IBM
The first in the list of competitors of IBM is HP.
HP is an American multinational IT company, that develops and provides a wide variety of hardware components as well as software and related services to consumers, small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and large enterprises.
HP boasts a strong product line with a wide array of products and services. The company has split the company is different business segments and these individual segments offer different products/services to customers.
- HP produces lines of printers, scanners, digital cameras, calculators, PDAs, servers, workstation computers, and computers for home.
- HP’s Imaging and Printing Group (IPG) offers Inkjet and LaserJet printers, OfficeJet all-in-one multifunction printer/scanner/faxes, HP Photosmart digital cameras and photo printers and much more.
- HP’s Personal Systems Group (PSG) offers business PCs and accessories, consumer PCs and accessories and digital “Connected” entertainment which includes ( HP MediaSmart TVs, HP MediaSmart Servers, HP MediaVaults, etc)
- HP Enterprise Security Services oversees professional services such as network security, information security, and information assurance/ compliance.
Xerox is an American global corporation that sells print and digital document products and services.
Founded in 1906, Xerox has a presence in 160 countries. Xerox also provides a wide variety of products ranging from office printers, production printers & digital presses, multi-function printers, wide format printers, projectors, scanners copiers, and other office equipment.
DXC Technology is another American multinational corporation that provides B2B IT services.
DXC Technology was founded in 2017 as the result of the spin-off of HP’s Enterprise Service segment and its merger with Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)
The name that needs no introduction, Accenture is an Irish-domiciled multinational professional services company that provides services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.
Accenture caters to 3/4th of the Fortune Global 500 clients and has a presence in over 120 countries.
Accenture has a wide range of services and offerings:
- Accenture Strategy provides business strategy, technology strategy, and operations strategy services.
- Accenture Consulting provides technology, business and management consulting.
- Accenture Digital provides digital marketing, analytics and mobility services.
- Accenture Technology focuses on technology software, implementation, delivery, and research & development, including its Technology Labs for emerging technologies.
- Accenture Operations focuses on an “as-a-service” model of service delivery. This includes business process outsourcing, IT services, cloud services, managed operations and security.
Apart from selling database software and technology, cloud engineered systems, Oracle develops and builds ERP, HCM, CRM, and SCM software for its clients.
Some of the main products/services that Oracle offer are:
- Oracle Software
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle Business applications
- Oracle operating systems – Linux and Solaris
- Oracle cloud etc.
The sixth competitor of IBM is Dell, which is an American multinational computer technology company that develops, sells, repairs, and supports computers and related products and services.
Ranging from personal computers to servers to network switches, Dell sells the products that it makes as well as the ones which are manufactured by other manufactures.