This article talks about the top Alibaba competitors in the world – Competitors of Alibaba
Alibaba Group Holding Limited, also known as Alibaba is a Chinese multinational technology company that operates a diverse array of businesses around the world in e-commerce, retail, Internet, and technology industry.
Founded on 4 April 1999 Alibaba, offers consumer-to-consumer (C2C), business-to-consumer (B2C), and business-to-business (B2B) services through its different businesses like Alibaba.com (B2B), Taobao (C2C) and Tmall (B2C), and last but not the least, its cloud computing services.
Known as the world’s largest retailer and e-commerce company, Alibaba is also on the list of the largest internet and AI companies in the world. Off-late the company has been expanding into the media industry, with revenues rising by triple percentage points year after year
FUN FACT: In 2018, China’s Single’s Day, became the world’s biggest online and offline shopping day for Alibaba.
Below is the list of business verticals that Alibaba operates in and we will cover the list Alibaba Competitors basis those business verticals.
E-commerce & Retail Services Platform
Under the e-commerce & retail services business, Alibaba operates
- Alibaba.com which handles sales between importers and exporters from more than 240 countries and regions.
- Taobao Marketplace, which facilitates consumer-to-consumer (C2C) retail by providing a platform for small businesses and individual entrepreneurs to open online stores that mainly cater to consumers in Chinese-speaking regions
- AliExpress.com, an online retail service made up of mostly small Chinese businesses offering products to international online buyers.
Alibaba has not just confined its presence to just online medium but also has a significant offline presence as well. In 2017, as part of the company’s “new retail strategy” Alibaba opened a chain of supermarkets, called Hema, where customers can either order in the store or online for delivery in under 30 minutes.
Impressed by the company’s diverse business offerings? Have a look at some of the main Alibaba competitors in the E-commerce & Retail sector.
- Amazon: The company needs no introduction, is one of the leading competitors of Alibaba in the e-commerce and retail industry.
- Rakuten: Rakuten is Japanese electronic commerce and online retailing company based in Tokyo. The company is the leading e-commerce company in Japan and among the world’s largest by sales.
- JD.com: Also, known as Jingdong is a Chinese e-commerce company and is a major competitor of Alibaba’s Tmall.
- Walmart: Another company that does not need to be introduced. Walmart is an American multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores. With a presence in 27 countries, Walmart has more than 11,000+ stores all over the world.
Top Articles :
- Check out the top competitors of ADP
- Top competitors of Siemens that you should know of
- Top competitors of Nestle in the world
- Learn about Airtel SWOT analysis
Cloud Computing Business
With an aim to build a cloud computing service platform including e-commerce data mining, e-commerce data processing, and data customization, Alibaba launched Alibaba Cloud in September 2009.
Below is a list of competitors of Alibaba that are giving the company a run for its money in Cloud business.
- Microsoft Azure: It is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft that provides software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) to its clients.
- Amazon Web services: Also, known as AWS – Amazon Web Services is a subsidiary of Amazon that offers cloud computing services to individuals and companies. As of 2020, AWS comprises of more than 212 services which include computing, storage, networking, database, analytics, and tools for the Internet of Things. AWS holds a dominant 40% cloud market share.
- Google Cloud: Google cloud platform provides infrastructure as a service, platform as a service, and serverless computing environments. Google cloud also provides services that include computing, data analytics, machine learning, etc
- IBM Cloud: Similar to other competitors, IBM cloud also offers IaaS, Saa, and PaaS services through public, private and hybrid cloud delivery models.
- Oracle Cloud
FinTech & Online payment platforms
Ant Financial Services, formerly known as Alipay was launched in 2004. Ant Financial Services is a third-party online payment platform with no transaction fees. The company also provides an escrow service, in which buyers can verify whether they are happy with goods they have bought before releasing money to the seller.
With 300 million users, Ant Financial Services has the biggest market share in China and controls just under half of China’s online payment market
The company’s quick and reliable payment system is one of the major reasons for its success.
Some of the main competitors of Alipay’s Ant Financial Securities are:
Alibaba launched Digital Media and Entertainment Group for its entertainment business. The company focuses on ticketing, content creation and live experiences, and has brought its entertainment ticketing platform Damai and it’s content creation and technology units MaiLive and Maizuo under one roof.
This concludes the list of top competitors of Alipay.